Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I am unable to download the Amazon app onto my iPhone. It

Customer Question

I am unable to download the Amazon app onto my iPhone.It was installed earlier on by disappeared.Now when I go to the App Store and click on the download button, nothing happens.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First we can reset your iPhone and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. Then go to Settings > iTunes & App Store and you will see your Apple ID there. Tap it and tap Sign Out. Then open App Store, search Amazon, tap Get or cloud button to download it. Enter your Apple ID and password ***** asked.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

(If it doesn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor. Instead please reply to me and I will continue to help you until we fix this issue)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That didn't work
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

What does it show next to Amazon in App Store ? Cloud button or Get button ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Get
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Tap Get and what happens ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Get button. When I click on it nothing happens!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The circle appears for a second
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then it goes back to the get button
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

We may need to reset network settings of your iPhone. This will disconnect your WiFi. So after doing this, you will have to connect to your WiFi again on your iPhone.

On the iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings. This will reset settings like wifi bluetooth etc

Then connect it back to WiFI and try to download it now. If that didn't work, then try downloading something else. Does it download ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Others apps download fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try to reset the network now
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Ok let me know

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

How is it going ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Remember, resetting the network settings will disconnect the iPhone from WiFi. So you need to reconnect it back to WiFi network.

If that didn't work, then go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings. This will also reset WiFi, App Store, iTunes Store, wallpaper, ringtone etc.

But you will not lose any of your files or stuffs. Let me know how it goes please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I suspect the issue is not in my phone but in the app
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will reset all Remove the apps I have downloaded on my phone
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

No. It will not remove any of your apps or files. It will only reset some settings like wallpaper, home screen layout, ringtone, WiFi, App Store etc

Make sure you DON'T select Reset/Erase All Contents and Settings. Only select Reset All Settings.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, How is it going ?

If it is still not working, then we can install Amazon app on your iPhone using your computer. Once it get installed, you can get the future updates of the apps from iPhone itself. Do you have a computer there with iTunes installed ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to "Reset All" option and it still is not downloading. I tried to delete and reinstall the Facebook Messenger app and having the same issue with that app as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a computer.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

It is a system wide issue then. Do you have iTunes installed on your computer ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Also on your iPhone, go to Settings> General > Software Updates and do you see any software updates pending there ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have iTunes installed on computer.Checked for software updates and it was up to date already
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

We have to restore your iPhone from iTunes on your computer. This will install a fresh software on your iPhone. Follow the steps below;

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then on the iPhone, go to Settings > iCloud and turn off Find My iPhone

Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

iTunes will recognize your iPhone. Select your iPhone in the top left (select iPhone icon)

Then in Summary section, click Backup and make sure "To this computer" is selected. Make sure the backup is done properly

Then click Restore button and let it restore. It will take some time to restore the iPhone .

After restoring, you will get option to restore your backup. Select Restore from iTunes backup and all your files will be restored. Now try to download the apps.

(This will take some time to complete. So start this process only if you are free for a while. Doing this will replace old corrupted iOS with new one.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will try this later today. Thx
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've not done this yet. It might take me a few days.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just FYI
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

No problem. Take your time.

Best Regards,