Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have very thin vertical lines running down the left side

Customer Question

I have very thin vertical lines running down the left side of my display. Multicolored and black, and a grey quivering line on the lower part of my display on a macbook pro, 13". Bought in 2013. thank you
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 9 months ago.

Sounds like either your monitor cable is loose or going bad or your LCD is going bad. This is beyond the scope of what we can help with remotely and I would suggest taking your MacBook to the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store.