John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

Nothing is opening on my Mac, It started today...I tried

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** nothing is opening on my Mac
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It started today...I tried opening up a pages document that my friend sent me and now nothing will open. When I click on anything, it will bounce once and then nothing happens...I can't access anything and I'm actually talking to you through my phone.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 9 months ago.

Can you tell me the exact version of OS X you are currently running, please?

Click the Apple logo in the menu bar at the top left of the screen

Select "About This Mac"

In the window that opens, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi. I'm sorry for not responding right away but it appears that after sitting shut off for a long time everything is working...thank you though!

You are very welcome!

If you have this problem in the future, you may be able to quickly solve it as follows:

Restart your Mac

As soon as you hear the Startup chime, press and hold the SHIFT key

Continue to hold the Shift key until you see the Apple logo and progress indicator.

Then, let go of the Shift key and let it boot to the Desktop (it may take longer than usual so please be patient).

Finally, restart the mac once more as you normally would and your problem should be resolved.

Thanks,