Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have installed new mac software and then changed from

Customer Question

I have installed new mac software and then changed from Mcafee to Norton. I had to remove remains of Mcafee in my library in launchdaemons and also in usr/local/mcafee file.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Now I cannot connect to internet so I must have removed a folder that I should not have. I am on another computer finding the answer
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Mac Technician now?
Customer: yes
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

It is possible that the McAfree Firewall is still in place, that is why it is preventing internet access. The best option is, install Mcafee again, then disable everything on Mcafee including Firewall and uninstall it the proper way. See here --> https://goo.gl/pe3aZS

You can download Mcafee installer from another computer, put it on a flash drive and install it on your Mac.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you.

If this solution doesn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor. Instead please let me know and I will continue to help you