Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert
Experience:  Years ago & in 2 years recently, I helped with Mac OS [X] & MacBook & Air & BootCamp etc. problems.
13568747

I can not rembember my gmail pass word or any of the

Customer Question

I can not rembember my gmail pass word or any of the ansewers to the other questions
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I'm sorry to hear about the problem; it is rather a tough one to solve.

First, I need to ask: Was your Gmail account and password ***** on a handheld Android device or smartphone? if so, it may have been stolen, owing to a security hole in older releases of Android OS. More about this later.

Second: did you have a way to send information to another email account, when you cannot remember your GMail password? if so, pursue recovery of your GMail password ***** way. Be patient... the process is not instant, and impatience or hurrying the process can lead to the process not working right, for rather elaborate reasons including the most basic: the Internet is fast enough, usually, but it is not always as fast as people's reactions to it.

It's painful when you cannot remember vital things like your email password.

I advise you to take some stress-free time, to try to remember any of these things essential to getting back your email password ***** the usual channels that Google provides.

If you still cannot recollect anything of the sort, then the email account may, unfortunately, be lost.

One can appeal to Google under such circumstances, but without vital data, it is so hard to do as to be almost impossible.

As for the security hole in Android devices, here's the information on it, so that you can be prepared, whatever account you use next on an Android smartphone:

If your phone has the Android OS on it, then if that OS version is not sufficiently updated, then it may contain a significant 'security hole' that allows almost anyone to gain access and control over your phone.

To test for that security hole, download and use this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zimperium.stagefrightdetector

to tell whether there is such a security hole in your phone's Android operating system.

To avoid the problem in the first place, not just using the Stagefright detector, but also completely updating your Android OS ab initio when you first start using it, is a good idea.

(Some older versions of Android OS cannot be patched, by merely updating that version... but a higher version, if it can run on the older Android OS -compatible phone, can cure that problem.)