Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Our Verizon email accounts were transitioned over to AOL and

Customer Question

Our Verizon email accounts were transitioned over to AOL and I can't get it working in a MacBook Pro running El Capitan and using Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011. I keep getting OK IMAP4 ready and error code -16997.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Network Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I've been through email account setup twice with Verizon and AOL and they say everything is correct but still can't send/receive email.
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Network Technician now?
Customer: OK.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

I believe that a SECURE REMOTE CONNECTION would be the fastest and easiest way to resolve your issue. I would remotely connect to your computer and work on the issue while you watch. We woudl be able to communicate via char window while I work. I have offered this as an Additional Service. This is optional, and if you choose not to do this, I can try to find a way to help you here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** have solved the issue myself.