Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Had clicked on one article Rhonda Rousy computer locked up

Customer Question

had clicked on one article Rhonda Rousy computer locked up asking to get Green Dot card to pay which nobody seems to carry anymore.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Wondering if scam, cant go to any web sites message saying need to go to Walmart get 10 digit green dot card to pay fine. they said stopped carrying green dot cards to much fraud.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That is SCAM. Do not pay them. I will help you to remove it. Are you using or seeing this on Safari ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Are you seeing this message on Safari ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

If you are using Safari, then follow the steps below to remove that SCAM.

Press Command, Option and Esc keys and this will bring Force Quit window. Select Safari and click Force Quit. This will close Safari.

Then hold down Shift key on your keyboard and open Safari. Click on Safari menu and select Clear History and Website Data. On the dropdown next to Clear, select All History and click Clear History.

(If you see Reset Safari instead of Clear History and Website Data, click it and Reset Safari after selecting all options)

That will remove it.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.