Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I cannot open any of my microsoft word files on my macbook

Customer Question

I cannot open any of my microsoft word files on my macbook and they were fine several days ago. I did do a software update yesterday, but I have this done automatically on a weekly basis.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: if I click on OneDrive, I cannot access any Word files to open. I did receive a message yesterday stating "Word cannot find the certificate for Microsoft 365" and this has never popped up before. I can access Excel just fine.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

You are trying to open the files from within Safari on onedrive? Or via another method?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have a one drive shortcut folder on my desktop that I am opening the word files from. When I restarted my computer, the word files just started opening.....any idea what happened??? I would hate for this to happen again as these are my work files.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will be in touch, have to go work now. Thanks for your thoughts.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

ok, the certificate was corrupted so it needed to reload it can happen which is why I wanted to know how you access it.

It will be ok, its rare for this problem though I see it here at times.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you