Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified
30970729

I have no funds just trying to boot a locked system ibook g4

Customer Question

Hi i have no funds Mike just trying to boot a locked system ibook g4
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes i bought this ibook nd did not have an OS so i bought ibook g4 install dsiks and that didnt work so i bought a MRS disk and that didnt wiork iether but my system boot to terminal screen and firmware
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi Raymond,

Booting to the terminal screen indicates the full operating system is not properly installed or has been protected by a password.

Command-S will force the machine to boot in this manner as well, and if it is depressed, then there is no problem with the operating system, the file system check will usually indicate if it can be booted normally.

Since the disk has been locked, the hard drive will need to be replaced before you can access it and reinstall the OS.