Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

What alternatives to google apps synch exist so that I can

Customer Question

what alternatives to google apps synch exist so that I can edit gmail calendars in outlook 2007 ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

The only reliable name in the Outlook 2007 / Google calendar sync business is companion link.

http://www.companionlink.com/google/outlook

Its a little pricey, but this software will exceed your expectations.. And it works for all versions of outlook~!

if you have further questions let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You . I got a chance to test. But I realize that I can't edit the gmail calendar I import into outlook because its read-only.I'm envisioning a scenario where I can make changes to the online gmail calendar on the gmail calendar from outlook. This is pulling events from the outlook calendar and synching to the gmail calendar.I would like for an assistant to add to my gmail calendar from her outlook software but without seeing all her personal stuff from her outlook calendar.Let's say I can upgrade up to Outlook 2013. Would my choices change ? I think this is a step in the right direction and I'm just a few tweaks away from doing what I want.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

When you set the data source as outlook and the destination as google.

You can make edits and changes in outlook, and have it show up in google calendar.

This should work with your current version of outlook and companionsync. Maybe a setup step was missed.

They do offer a 14 day trial so we have time to verify it works.