Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics.
23511658

I have an iphone and outlook 2007. I have an exchange

Customer Question

I have an iphone and outlook 2007. I have an exchange account, a gmail account setup as POP/SMTP (in outlook) and another imap account (office 365).
Questions:
1. Best way to Configure gmail account in apple to push mail and synch calendars. If I do the google account it will fetch not push :(.
2. How to configure gmail account in outlook in a way that I can add events in a calendar and it can synch to my iphone ? Google apps for Work looks like the answer but I want to keep the gmail domain if I upgrade to Work. Are there alternate tools ?
Will calendar synch on the macbook mail platform or outlook for mac ?
Thanks,
Jerry in Wisconsin
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

You can always sync your Mac calendar to Gmail using the iCal format. I'm Gmail there is link you can use from the settings that you can put in your calendar to sync to it.

In outlook, you can make the Gmail calendar your default calendar. This would make. It your main calendar there, and then by using the iCal link, it would sync to your Mac devices.

The best way to set up the email is using IMAP. Note that email and calendar are not really related, since the email protocol doesn't handle the calendar.