Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My name is millie and I cant find my Ipad. im not sure if it

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** I cant find my Ipad. im not sure if it was stolen or just misplaced.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i had it in the car with me & i got pulled over by the police. after that it was gone
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I'm sorry that you lost your iPad. If you have iCloud's Find My iPad option activated on it then you can track it. On your computer, go to www.icloud.com

Then login with your Apple ID or iCloud account you used in your iPad. Click Find iPhone button (yes iPhone). Then click All Devices, then select your iPad. This will show the iPad in the map. If you are unable to track it, then click Lost Mode in there. This will password ***** it and show custom message you want on it.

If it still not find it, then click Erase there. This will erase the iPad and deactivate it. No one will ever able to use that iPad without you activate it again.

(Once it is erased, you need to provide your Apple ID and password ***** activate it again)

If you have not enabled the iCloud and Fine My iPad option on it, then you will not be able to track it unfortunately. It can't also be tracked if it is turned off. But it will be erased the moment it turn on (assuming it is connected to internet). Find my iPad option is your only hope now.

I'd also recommend to change your email passwords, AppStore password ***** all other passwords you used on it. So the person who get the iPad will not be able access your emails or other things that require password. Let me know if you would me to help you with that

If you've any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask. I know this might not be answer you are looking. Please don't rate me bad or poor if you are not satisfied. You don't have to rate me if you are not satisfied. You can close this page without rating and ignore rating requests. Thank you.