Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

A word doc with lots of original text is frozen on my

Customer Question

A word doc with lots of original text is frozen on my airbook screen. autorecover only captured a bit of it. funny thing is, i've been saving all along. trying to figure out if there's a way to unfreeze.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: Is this for a fee? And if so, how much?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm using Word for Mac 2008 on a Macbook Air 10.10.4
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Is it still frozen ? Have you tried force quit ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did force quit. The doc was open and frozen on my screen so I had thought you guys might be able to help me save it. Force quit meant I lost everything. It's OK. I just had to recreate.
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Once it is frozen, there is no way to save it. Usually force quitting Word will force it to load the document from Auto recovery. I'm not sure what happened in this case. Since I didn't solve your problem, you don't have to pay.

Best Regards,