GeekGal
GeekGal, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree & 15 + years experience supporting email issues of all kinds
76665483

I am currently setting up some more IMAP mail account on a

Customer Question

I am currently setting up some more IMAP mail account on a MacBook computer with OS x El Capitan, as I have migrate to a new webhotel and have the following problems:No sent folders appears, what to do?
Some mail was lost when moving them to the new mail account, however a mail back up file was made, how can they be transferred to the new mail account, without creating duplicates?
Not able to transfer WordPress website to new web hotel?Thanks,Søren
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was using webhosting.dk and now using one.comIf not able to answer the WordPress transfer, that is OK
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

If your IMAP Sent folders are missing, subscribe to them again to make them appear.

How exactly you do this will depend on what email client you are using.

For example, to do it in Mac OS X Mail Client:

1. Go to Mail > Preferences > Accounts.
  2. Select your email account and click the Advanced tab.
  3. Check the box next to Automatically synchronize changed mailboxes.
  4. Close the Preferences panel and click save.
  5. Restart the entire mail program.
  6. If your folders are still not showing:
    • Go to the View menu and select Show Mailboxes.
    • Now click the expand arrow (triangle) on the left of your email name to reveal your IMAP folders.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Pete;Thank you for your answer, but the sent foldes creates a new sent and trash folder on the server mail box not utilizing the exsiting sent and trash folder, how do I prevent that?For the second question, is there a way to import the mails from the back up inbox file without creating duplicates, as some mails was lost when migrating from the old inbox to the new inbox?ThanksSoren
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Can you confirm if you are using Mac OS X Mail Client?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
that is correct, I am using the default mail client that comes with the OS system, in this case El Capitan
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi Soren,

Sorry for the delay.

I am mobile at the moment and I will see if another expert can reply to you on this.

Pete.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No worries, It is not urgent as I will be traveling for some time :)
Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Let's begin by taking at look at the email settings for each of your accounts. Pete provided excellent advice, and you should definitely follow his instructions regarding the proper setup of accounts in Mac Mail Client. However, something I freguently run across, especially in working with email accounts that people have had for a number of years, is that sometimes, the accounts aren't setup to use IMAP servers, but rather smtp servers.

Listed below are instructions for checking the email account settings.

1. Open Apple Mail.
  2. Go to the Mail menu and select Preferences…, which will open a new window.
  3. Make sure that the Accounts tab is selected. Any configured e-mail accounts will be listed on the left-hand side of the page.
  4. Select the email account.
  5. Make a note of the Account Type
  6. Also note the Incoming Mail Server and the Outgoing Mail Server
  7. Note whether or not Use only this server is checked.

​Can you please check those settings and let me know the results when you a chance?

Regarding the wordpress, you will need to back up all of your setting and configuration files and create a backup of all of your posts, then install wordpress on the new website and import all of the old posts and settings. I will be signing out soon but I will be returning this evening. Perhaps we can work on this together then. I did see that you are in Denmark. Please let me know when it will be a good time for you (other than for the next 12 hours or so) and I will make myself available. Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Alison,Thank your for your respons. Sorry for the late reply, but I have been traveling.I have set up all the mail accounts as IMAP, using one.com as webhotel.The incoming server name is: imap.one.com and outgoing server name is send.one.comI dont have to line: Use only this server, most likely as I have multiple accounts.I am not able to attached a screen print of the settings. The Add files window wil not open.Dont worry about the Wordpress, as I have got that sorted out.Regards,Soren
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Mail settings
Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

Soren, when you were setting up your email accounts did you follow theses instructions?

https://www.one.com/en/support/guide/setting-up-mail-os-x-yosemite

I realize that you have El Capitan rather than Yosemite but the instructions should work El Capitan.

You are using the correct servers but we need to check and make sure that you're using the correct ports.

I couldn't tell from the screen shot.