Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

HELP!! I somehow turned on an accessibillity "feature on my

Customer Question

HELP!! I somehow turned on an accessibillity "feature on my watch & now it won't let me enter my passcode or anything,,. It puts boxes around text on the clock face & the passcode numbers. It announces "Button" after each number is ***** in, but locks up qnd won't enter the passcode to get into the watch functions. I LOVE my watch, but I've been fighting this for almost a week & husband is ready to throw it into the trash as he is becoming quite frustrated trying to help me figure it out. There ought to be a way to more simply do a reset to get out of this. I do not like this "feature".. Thanks very much in advance... (Mrs. Mike) Re Kramer ;***@******.***
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

When the voice over is on, you have to tap the item you would like to activate and then double tap it to register it. For eg: If your passcode is 1234, tap on 1 and then double tap on it to enter 1

Then tap 2 (you will see box around when it is selected), then double tap on it to enter it. Same way enter all number and it will unlock. Then go back to Accessibility and turn off Voice Over.

You have to swipe with two fingers to move from one screen to another.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you

Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

A shortcut way is, triple click the home button on the watch and Voice Over will turn off. You must click quickly and there shouldn't be any delays between the clicks.

Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Triple click the home button (Digital Crown) on the watch and Voice Over will turn off. You must click quickly and there shouldn't be any delays between the clicks.

Or you can follow the instructions in my first answer to turn it off. Remember, when voice over is on, you have to select an item (make sure box is around it) and then double tap on it to enter that item. To scroll up or down or to move between two screen, use two fingers.

You can also disable the Voice over if it is paired with your iPhone. Follow the steps below;

On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app. Tap General, tap Accessibility and turn off Voice Over in there and it will affect on your Watch,