Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert
Experience:  Years ago & in 2 years recently, I helped with Mac OS [X] & MacBook & Air & BootCamp etc. problems.
13568747

I've a Mac-version CS4, currently loaded into the I-Mac I

Customer Question

I've a Mac-version CS4, currently loaded into the I-Mac I purchased with it an an
Apple Store. Just yesterday, I also purchased a new MacBook Pro, and left the
original black-and-red package with its four discs inside for installation by the
seller of the new computer (Best Buy), but then they reported to me that they
could not find any identifying registration number on or in the package, nor could
I. There's just a small sticker with an eight-digit number on lower right of the
back of the package. Tis snap-close box is the entire package I received from
Apple when I bought the suite, for a price that I recall was about equal to that
of the new MacBook Pro!
So; HELP! Someone please call me and tell me what to do. We depart the US
for overseas duty in two days, and I need to get the CS4 installed now on the
new MacBook. I can be reached if desired, now at(###) ###-####
Thanks for your urgent help.
J.T. Warring
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Call Best Buy back, and tell them to check that you made a purchase, at such-and-such a date and time (refer to your receipt, best, ***** ***** your memory of the purchase, less good), of such-and-such an amount, of an iMac, and you left the package behind. Ask them to look for a package empty of an iMac, that would correspond. Possibly in the trash ? or presumed to-be-discarded.

IF the CS4 you bought was Adobe [Photoshop/etc.], then contacting Adobe would be also do-able. But first refer to your iMac... is it already installed, or is there a 'stub' or shortcut for installing it? if so, you may not need to *get* the package or discs, just the registration/activation of the Adobe package in its installed location on the computer.

If/when you contact Adobe, refer to that number on the package. It may be all you have, for relations with them, except perhaps for your purchase slip if that slip mentions/shows an Adobe software purchase on it.

Lastly... this is kind of a last resort.... you could RETURN your iMac, and your Adobe purchase, etc., to Best Buy. If they'll refund for it, you go to another branch, or another store altogether, and buy what you need before going overseas... and be more careful this time, to get everything you buy, in-hand.

This is not likely to work at all, if you don't have *something* in the way of Adobe to give back to them. That's why I mention it as a last resort... for, to be quite honest, this sounds like a badly mismanaged situation. I'm sorry to have heard about it, and I appreciate that it's a pain as it is.