Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I brought s second iPad it was reset but... I brought s

Customer Question

I brought s second iPad it was reset but...
I brought s second iPad it was reset but still link to old owners account they have remove it but it still will not let me use it serial no DLXG1H7FK16
Category: Mac
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Does your iPad have the cellular antenna too? Which allows for the iPad to connect to a cell tower for internet, instead of using the WiFi.

.

These types of iPads are special, because they require a subscription to a cellular company, like Verizon, or Sprint or T-mobile.

The iPad will tell you which cellualr company you HAVE to use.

.

So, does this iPad have a cellular option on it?

The user account you are seeing might be associated to the cellular account, even after doing a iPad reset, the cellular data might remain.

Also, that serial number you provided did not come up as recognized.

Did you make a TYPO in that serial number? Are you sure that is the Serial number?

Go to Settings > General > About and look for your device's serial number,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
WiFi only

Well here is what i get when i try to check you Lock Status

Oh wait.....there was a Typo.i found it now.

.

On the image you uploaded i noticed a letter was missing from the text you had entered here in the chat.

Let me try again

Okay, yeah i verified it.

This iPad Air is LOCKED down to the previous owner.

Nothing you can do about it, except contact the previous owner, or contact Apple.

Apple devices do NOT have a backdoor work around, they just dont.

They are highly secure, and impossible to unlock without Apple Support Help.

Its that simple.

You can contact Apple form their support page:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

.

Obviously you did NOT purchase this iPad as NEW, but you purchased it USED, and they did NOT ready the device for transfer of ownership, so you HAVE to fix that , or contact Apple and see what they can do.

.

The reason for this is obvious....theft.

What stops folks from stealing iPad's and then having them UNlocked to be used again.

What stops them is the LOCK feature, and the fact that Apple will not readily UNlock these devices without some sort of PROOF of PURCHASE!

Find My iPhone includes a feature called Activation Lock that is designed to prevent anyone else from using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if it's ever lost or stolen. Activation Lock is enabled automatically when you turn on Find My iPhone on a device using iOS 7 or later.

So, the Find My iPhone feature has been ENABLED on this iPad, and there is NO way around it until the previous user DISABLES it.

.

But like i mentioned above, if you can prove you purchased it, with a receipt or something, then maybe Apple can disable it for you, because there is NO BACKDOOR, and there is NO WAY IN. Its Locked!

Although i have only ever heard of Apple Unlocking a device overriding the feature once before, its worth a shot.

.

Please take a moment to rate my performance.

Thank you!