Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My iPhone sends and receives email as it should. My Mac does

Customer Question

My iPhone sends and receives email as it should. My Mac does not. They are synced but my Mac only receives emails and will not forward or send anything. I have called Comcast support because my email is***@******.***. I had to reset my password ***** Comcast recently, and the tech said that may be the issue. He proceeded to correct the issue withComcast email, but when I told him I access my email thru apple, he said just wait about a ½ hr and everything should be alright. Obviously it is not. I've tried looking at my email thru sytstem preferences for a solution but I'm unable to correct the problem. Can you help.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mac_Martin replied 9 months ago.

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.

If you were receiving emails I doubt the password ***** the problem - it would have come up with a mail server error saying it's incorrect.

It sounds like you might have tried to send an email with a large attachment which tends to get stuck in the Outbox and stops you from sending anymore emails, whilst allowing you to keep receiving.

Can you have a look at your Outbox folder to see if you can spot anything in there?

Please reply using the box below.

Regards,