Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My iPhone 6 periodically gives a loud distorted buzzing

Customer Question

My iPhone 6 periodically gives a loud distorted buzzing sounds when a notification sound happens or even recently when I tried to play a podcast. Usually stops after I close out that particular app. Now with all apps closed buzzing is still coming from the speakers.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

I would do a full restore using iTunes on your computer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will that erase any of my data currently on my phone?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Are you backing up to iCloud? If not you can do a full backup to your computer in iTunes before you do that

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I always back up too icloud and I backed up to computer on itunes just in case. Now after restoring the phone I tried to restore the backup and it keeps asking for a password. I didn't encrypt the backup or set a password!! And when I switch to restore from icloud, itunes says I have no icloud backups. What the hell, this is a disaster!
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK I suggested to do a full backup right before so you know for sure. Are you sure iTunes is signed in to the correct account.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep I did do a full backup to computer beforehand. But did not make it encrypted yet iTunes still asked for a password ***** restore backup.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

That should just be your Apple ID password?