Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My ipad 2 is stuck with connect to itunes screen, and after

Customer Question

Hi, my ipad 2 is stuck with connect to itunes screen, and after doing all the steps listed I do have an error code 1671, please help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I cannot restore or update my ipad all the step failed
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok
I have tried the steps for several times and every time same things happened
Expert:  michelleclive replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your I-pad.

push and hold down the power button on the ipad for 40 seconds and while its powered off the you wait for 5 mins and then power it back on let it boot up after that try to open itunes. Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi, nice to hear from you.Let me explain my problem. When I have update my ipad with some version of ios 7, it asked me to create an icloud id to be related to my actual mail address so as to activate ipad when restored. I just got it restored due to problem after updating it to a new version of ios 9 with the method you mentioned above connecting to itunes. So when restored it come to screen "activate ipad", I know my apple id but not my password ***** not sure of answer for security questions. I have tried to change password ***** my email address but it changed only the password ***** this email and the password ***** be used with my icloud id to activate ipad

you will have to update or change your apple id password ***** on the link below and then you can follow the forgot password ***** get this issue fixed.

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#!&section=password

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please note that i have already tried this but it changed my password ***** to my rescued email address ending with hotmail,fr and not the apple id which end with @icloud.com

you have an apple unique id try to update the Apple id and password.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i have updated the password ***** my email address but when i tried to put same password ***** my apple id which end with @icloud.com it does not accept it

connecting your ipad to your PC /computer and follow the steps.

This tip will help you bypass most of the itunes errors that you get when you are upgrading or restoring your iphone, ipad or other iOS device.

Step –> 1. Disable the Antivirus programs that you are running such as Avast! Antivirus or malaware bytes

Step –> 2. Search for your “Host” file on your computer. On windows, go to “My Computer” and on your C:/ DRIVE, you will find this file.

Step –>3. Go to Windows > System 32 > drivers > etc to locate the “Hosts” file and then drag your host file to your desktop.

Step -> 4. The same is also true if you are using your mac to restore the itunes. Use finder to locate your “host” file and then drag the “host” file out to your desktop. In the Finders menu bar, Select Go > Go To Folder. In the Box, type the following location and press Enter.

A new Finder window will open and your hosts file will be selected. Please drag the hosts file into your desktop. Remember this location as you will have to put the hosts file back in this same place after you are done with your restore.

Step – 5. Next Open up your itunes and proceed to restore your device.

Step – 6. Once you are done, make sure to go back to the same folder and put the “host” file into the folder..System32 > drivers> etc..on your PC and if you were using a mac, please put the “hosts” file back from into its original folder.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
on itunes i don't have error message this is on ipad. once i have restore it it came back to the page choose "language" then "country" and then "activate ipad". here i know my apple id which is an icloud one, but don't know my password, when i tried to reset it, it send reset password ***** to my rescued email address which is not an icloud address. when i reset the password ***** reset the email address but not the password ***** icloud id to activate ipad

you can change your icloud password ***** the link below

https://support.apple.com/kb/ph2617?locale=en_US

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi, please note that up to now I have not been able to unlock icloud from your answer.