Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a mac, running outlook 2011. We moved email recently

Customer Question

I have a mac, running outlook 2011. We moved email recently over to office 365, backed up all my emails. (about 5,000) I imported them back in, but now outlook crashes shortly after opening every time. The colored wheel just keeps turning round and round,
JA: Apple makes such lovely gadgets but they're still computers underneath. That's where the Mac Technician comes in really handy. Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Quit Outlook. Open Terminal in Applications / Utilities copy and paste the line below then hit Return, then hold Shift and open Outlook, if it opens remove any emails in the Outbox then quit Outlook and reopen:

rm ~/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Container.plist

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

I am still here if that did not solve the problem.