Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I got a notice that my Mac was being "infiltrated", and

Customer Question

I got a notice that my Mac was being "infiltrated", and apple support could fix it (for $450 for a 5 year-life plan). Is this bogus?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. That is a fake notice; please do not follow any instruction in it.

- Does this issue occur when you shut down / turn on the computer?

- Or does this issue only occur when you open the Safari application? Or a particular application?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Safari, I think...

Please try this:

1. Force quit the Safari application by clicking on the Apple logo / menu, then click on the option Force Quit (or press at the same time the 3 keys Command-Option-Esc on the keyboard)
    , then select the item Safari, then click on Force Quit button at the bottom, then click on Force Quit to confirm.
    ; (if needed, shut down / restart the computer)
  2. Then press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard, and open Safari application
    ; once Safari application is open, then release the Shift key.
  3. Then see if your Safari / internet is working fine on the computer now.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Also, this issue usually occurs when you accidentally click on a bad website or ad or email attachment. Usually, quitting / re-opening Safari and/or shutting down / restarting the computer would resolve the issue. If not, you can use the force quit option and Shift key method above.

If you still need help with this issue or with anything else, please reply back, so I can help further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i am trying to unscramble a scam and want to discontinue this call no more payment

I'm sorry; there is no additional charge. I'm still here to to help fixing your computer issue. We guarantee our service, so don't worry.

Were you able to try my steps? Or are you stuck at any step?

What happens when you open the Safari application now? Is there still any issue with your computer?

Please reply back to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.