Tim
Tim, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Sr Engineer at Yanna
75378780

My husband responded to website Bible verse a day thing

Customer Question

My husband responded to website for a Bible verse a day thing yesterday. He got the first one today...but along with that he is being flooded with ads etc. In the settings on his iphone 6 there is an email a/c set up by the profile "Daily Bible Verse". He hates anything like this on his phone How can I help him get rid of it all?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Tim replied 9 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Expert:  Tim replied 9 months ago.

He will need to unsubscribe from the mail he does not want, sadly even some of the sites that send a daily bible vs also SELL your contact info....I had it happen to me as well with the same type service.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No thanks.
Expert:  Tim replied 9 months ago.

No thanks? The above is what he needs to do to get rid of them, unsubscribe from the emails he is getting in, there should be a unsubscribe link at the bottom of the spam emails, and that will prevent them from coming. Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
we have done that. Now trying to remove the actual email a/c that is in his settings.
Expert:  Tim replied 9 months ago.

So you want to remove his email account?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Not his email a/c. The email a/c that has appeared in his settings complete with login and password ***** Of course he doesn't know these as it is not his a/c. His email a/c is the a/c that has suddenly started receiving all this junk mail.
Expert:  Tim replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry but i'm a little confused, so there is a 2nd email account on his phone that is not his, is that correct?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Tim replied 9 months ago.

Ok, that's really odd, those do not just show up on their own, could be a virus perhaps.....what type of phone, i'll give you instructions on how to remove the unwanted account.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Iphone6
Expert:  Tim replied 9 months ago.

Ok, follow these steps to remove the unwanted account.

1. From the Home screen, tap Settings.
  2. Scroll to and tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
  3. Under Accounts, tap on the email account you want to delete.
  4. Tap Delete Account.
  5. Tap Delete from My iPhone.
Expert:  Tim replied 9 months ago.

Did this fix your issue? If not please let me know.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No. Followed to step 4. No delete a/c came up.
Expert:  Tim replied 9 months ago.

should have worked, try this link, it has visual aids

http://osxdaily.com/2013/08/10/delete-mail-account-from-iphone-ipad/