Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

My chrome on my mac air had worked perfectly until Thursday,

my chrome on my mac air had worked perfectly until Thursday, I cannot open youtube nor gmail on my chrome, but can do so on my safari. what could be a problem and a fix? thanks!

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

This might be a glitch with Chrome. I will send you the instructions to clear it

Open Chrome. In Chrome, click on the Tools/Settings menu (three bars at top right) and click Settings. Click History on left side. Click Clear Browsing data, select "the beginning of time" on Obliterate the following items from :

Select all options and click Clear Browsing data. This will clear everything from chrome like login details, history etc but this won't delete bookmarks.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thanks, ***** ***** some important password ***** in it that I dont remember or dont care to reset, so maybe couldn't use this. some more details: in safari everything works; in chrome does not work but does.

This is a "cookies" issue, so we may need to clear Chrome. Cookies are small files that saves password ***** Clearing Chrome works 90% of times.

Lets try to Sign out from all Google stuffs and see if you are able to use Google then. While in Chrome, click this link -->

If this problem has started one or two days ago, then you can select Past week for reset. I've to caution, this may result in the sign out of logins from websites even they were logged before past week. Try my previous suggestion re sign out from Google and if that didn't work, then you have to clear the cookies and stuffs.