Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

How to get my safari to work again? A pop up has blocked me

Customer Question

How to get my safari to work again? A pop up has blocked me from using safari.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Are you using an Mac computer or iPad/iPhone ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

The pop up you are seeing is a SCAM. I will help you to remove it. But to give you correct instruction, I need to know what device you are using as the instructions are different for different devices. Are you using a Mac computer or iPad/iPhone ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

If you are using an Apple Mac computer, then follow the steps below to remove it.

Press Command, Option and Esc keys and this will bring Force Quit window. Select Safari and click Force Quit. This will close Safari.

Then hold down Shift key on your keyboard and open Safari. Then close that pop up and close that website. Then click on Safari menu and select Clear History and Website Data. On the dropdown next to Clear, select All History and click Clear History.

(If you see Reset Safari instead, click it and Reset Safari)

That will remove it.

If you are using an Apple iPad or iPhone, then follow the steps below to remove it. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.

Then without open Safari, go to Settings and tap Safari. Tap Clear History and Website Data. That will clear Safari.

Let me know if you have any difficulty.

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

How is it going ? Were you able to remove it ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Hi there, I see that you are online, but unable to reply back to me. To reply to me, type your reply in the box below and hit Send. Then it will reach me

I also sent you an offer to call you. Please accept the offer and I will call you to fix the issue.

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Hello, It's me Ashik again. I'm just checking. How is it going ?

If you're able to fix the issue, please kindle rate me as OK Service or higher at the top of the page and click Submit button. Then only I will get paid for helping you. I will not get paid until you rate me. You will not be charged anything additional.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best Regards,