Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My 5ciPhone has not worked, can't even turn it on, days

Customer Question

My 5ciPhone has not worked, can't even turn it on, for three days because I tried to download the next OS. Twice, I have been to the Verizon store where I bought the phone and have a plan but they can't help. I get a message on my phone that shows a charger reaching for iTunes. I have tried to go that route but got no where. I have been warned that this activity sometimes removes all my information on the phone. Luckily, I synched it onto iCloud the day before. Can you tell I am on the "older" side and need to have a technician walk me very slowly through this.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome Marcia

Do you have a windows or Mac computer with iTunes unstalled on it?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thanks

Connect the iPhone to the Mac please and open itunes.

Tell me what then happens please.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,