Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

My name is ***** ***** and i have just accidentally deleted

Customer Question

hi there, my name is ***** ***** and i have just accidentally deleted all my saved passwords on safari , can i recover them ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i was receiving junk email from someone using my hotmail address, i changed my hotmail password ***** thought i should change my saved passwords for safari websites but deleted them all instead
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you try the following please

Open Keychain Access located in your Applications > Utilities folder from Finder

Select Passwords on the left.

Type an app such as facebook that you used before for saving its password ***** the search field on the right then right or control click the Facebook keychain then click: Get Inf then select the Attributes tab.

Click Show Password:

You may be prompted for your admin password ***** proceed.

Can you see the password *****?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no there is no password
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, then they are permanently deleted, you will not be able to recover them sorry, this was the only chance we had for this.

I am sorry about this, and if you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you