Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am getting the sparse could not be processed error
,

Customer Question

I am getting the sparse bundle could not be processed error
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: accessed
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am on an iMac with OS X Yosemite
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 10 months ago.

Hello there! My name is***** and I will be assisting you today. Have you tried any solution so far?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i looked for western digital in the library on harddrive as per some info on forums but there is not anything by that name

thanks can you copy and paste the exact message into this chat box

?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The backup disk image “/Volumes/Annette Ricciardi's Time Ca/Annette’s iMac (2).sparsebundle” could not be accessed (error (null)).

There might be an issue with your macs hd drive lets run disk utility to make sure

Open disk utility from the utilities folde ( inside the app folder)

Click your mac hd icon on the left side

Then start by verifying the Partition Map. Select the top line for the drive in Disk Utility's sidebar and click Verify Disk (not permissions) button. That will only take a moment.
You should see the "appears to be OK" message. If not, click the Repair Disk button. That also should just take a moment.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it says okay
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
that was under first aid. do i go to Partition?

When i meant partition i was meaning the mac hd image which you did verify correct>?

Also have you tried to set the time capsule to factory settings then connecting via a lan cable.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it was the first one above Mac HD, says 1TB Apple HDD
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
is this easier on the phone?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no have not tried that, i don't know if i have lan cable...this seems over my head
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
time machine window says "Select disk" when i click on that it shows Backup Disks: Time Capsule.Available Discs are Time Capsule and Other Airport Time Capsule.

Time capsule is what we would need and that cable is regular internet cable i can post a picture or if you like i can remotely connect.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i opened airport utility and a red 1 was visible. Help said to choose "other time capsule" which i did and it showed my time capsule and asked for password. i entered it and the machine was preparing to backup. my only concern is this...
it then showed no oldest backup and no recent back up, as it was preparing to begin a new backup...what does that mean? my previous backups on time capsule are gone? Or it was backing up all over again?