Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I recently bought a nether switch to go with my nether

Customer Question

I recently bought a nether switch to go with my nether nighthawk. The çd that came with the switch, is for windows only. Does this mean i have to take the whole thing back?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: thats really it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Can you tell me the exact name brand and model of the Switch you want to use with your mac.

Thank you,

Dustin S

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
NETGEAR GSS108E
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
did you get my response Dustin?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

u can bypass the software and setup the switch directly via Safari.

Make sure your connected to the switch and your network is in a range of 192.168.0.239.

you can check this via the Apple System Preference, Network, and ur IP address will be visible to the right (click on wifi or ethernet depending on how your connected)

You can also see how to do this page 15 of the manual here

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/GSS108E/GSS108E_GSS116E_UM_25mar2015.pdf

Let me know how you go please.