Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Sometimes when I download a song from iTunes store or even

Customer Question

Sometimes when I download a song from iTunes store or even copy a CD into iTunes, when I try to playback, I get a pop-up message that says: “The song (name of song) cannot be used because the original file cannot be found. Do you want to locate it?”
When I ask the iTunes program to locate it, it says to enter the song name, which I do and it then says “file cannot be found.” I look in all iTunes and all download files and get the same message.
Please help.
Thanks.
Mike McReynolds
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 10 months ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.

May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?

Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

May I ask whether or not you still need help with this problem?
Thank you,
Jason