Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Microsoft word keeps freezing on my mac. I checked and it is

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. Microsoft word keeps freezing on my mac. I checked for updates and it is up to date. excel works just fine
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: would you like a copy of the report?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

We can reset Word's preferences. Close Word. Then in Finder, hold down Option key on your keyboard, click on Go menu and select Library. This will take you to the library folder of your home folder. Open Preferences folder and trash the file 'com.microsoft.Word.plist'.

Then trash the Microsoft folder you see in there. Do not empty trash.

Open Word. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.