Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I'm ***** *****. My itunes app download is

Customer Question

Customer: HI, I'm ***** *****. My itunes app download is stalling...hanging up at "Registering itunes automation server"
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was trying to add music to my ipod that had been uploaded from a CD. It wouldn't refresh so I tried to uninstall/reninstall, and each time it stalls at that part. It says the current version is installed, but the app refuses to open
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did fail to mention that I have windows, not a Mac. It was windows 8 when the problem started. I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday with the same problem persisting.
Expert:  John T. F. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, you may need to completely uninstall iTunes and all of it's associated content before re-installing it.

Uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order:

1. iTunes
  2. Apple Software Update
  3. Apple Mobile Device Support
  4. Bonjour
  5. Apple Application Support 32-bit
  6. Apple Application Support 64-bit

On some systems, iTunes might install two versions of Apple Application Support. This is expected. If both are present, be sure to uninstall both versions.

Don't uninstall these components in a different order, or only uninstall some of them. Doing so might have unintended effects. After you uninstall a component, you might be prompted to restart your computer. Wait to restart your computer until you're finished removing all of the components.

You can uninstall programs on the Settings page. To repair a program, use Control Panel.

1. On the Start menu select Settings.

2. In Settings, select System > Apps & features.

3. Select the program, and then select Uninstall.

4. Follow the directions on the screen.

Once you've completed the removal, restart your computer and re-install iTunes again. Make sure you download and install the latest release:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/