Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My Google app version 11.1, though loaded and updated, will

Customer Question

My Google app version 11.1, though loaded and updated, will not open. I have reset and cleared all data and restored...no fix. I have hard reset...no fix. I have removed the app through iTunes and reinstalled and updated...it shows up in the app store and in settings on the iphone, but it will not open nor does the icon show up on any home page. IOS 9.2 I phone 6 plus. It used to work. Help. jy
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

What exactly happens when you try to open it John?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Nothing. When I go through itunes, I can remove it, then I can install it, then I can update it......the little loading circle goes around, itunes says installing....then it says installed and the hhone says open......but the icon never shows up anywhere and the app never opens. Same thing is happening with Pandora. Everything else is fine. I have even rest all data and then restored...no fix.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have reset the phone and all data, restored.....no fix
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thanks

Can you hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds on the iPhone until you see the Apple Logo, then release.

Let the phone restart and tell me if it then opens please

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will, but I have done both a soft and a hard reset, as well as a factory reset to no avail. Jy
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, but this is different, please do this and let me know the results as we need to rule this out.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Duhhh. I am doing this on my iphone 6, the problem is on my wife's iphone 6 plus. I dont have that right now. Can you give me some ideas that I can try when I gert her phone back?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The same Google app from the app store works fine on my iphone 6
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

that and to create a new gmail account and test with that on the phone.