Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified
30970729

Im ***** *****. I have a macbook pro that I just bought off

Customer Question

Customer: Hi im ***** *****. I have a macbook pro that I just bought off craigslist a couple weeks ago and everything was fine until all of a sudden its asking for a 4 digit pin code and I didn't put it on there
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Its a 2015 Macbook pro 13 inch i5, and it won't go past the pin code lock screen. I can't even boot into recovery mode
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi there,

If you do not know the 4 digit pin code then the Macbook will need to be put into recovery mode.

If recovery mode won't work, then check back with the seller - the Macbook may have been lost or stolen, and the original owner may have put a block on it.

Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Kindly take a moment to rate my service; you can still ask additional followup questions at no additional charge :)

Pete.