Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified
30970729

I have an iMac and a Macbook Air and I use Dropbox. It

Customer Question

I have an iMac and a Macbook Air and I use Dropbox. It started to sync a few days ago, but never completed. My iMac was stuck downloading 3,579 files and the number never changed. My MacBook Air says my startup disk is full. I think both of these relate to trying to save my iPhoto files in iPhoto on Dropbox. How do I get Dropbox to sync and how do I free up space on my MacBook? I am not able to open iPhoto either.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi there,

Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

If the Dropbox location on your Macbook Air is on the startup disk then you will need to change that location to another disk to allow the sync to continue and then free up some space on your startup disk. Once you have done this, the sync should continue normally again and iPhoto should open up ok.

Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Kindly take a moment to rate my service; you can still ask additional followup questions at no additional charge :)

Pete.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry, your response went into my Junk folder. I emptied the Trash in my MacBook and everything seems to be ok. But on my iMac, Dropbox is still stuck syncing 840 files, which never seems to go anywhere.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Ok, then you need to try the same thing on the iMac - change the Dropbox location to another disk if there is insufficient space, then try syncing again.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Have no idea where Dropboc is, where the Startup File is, or how to do any of that. I'm not getting the same message on my iMac I got on my MacBook ("Disk Full"). When I emptied the Trash, the MacBook sync'd and is fine. Clicking on the iMac Dropbox link just shows "Syncing 840 files" and the arrow circle goes round and round.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I meant I have no idea where my Dropbox location is. The icon is up in the right corner, but it doesn't tell me anything, nor does the app icon in Finder.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No response? If you're done with me, I don't expect my card to be charged.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

If you search in Finder or Spotlight for Dropbox it will take you to the Dropbox location.

Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Did you find it?

Is it working ok now?