Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

Or ***** ***** I purchased the LS Slim Portable and the disk

Customer Question

Customer: Hi I'm Jacque or ***** ***** I purchased the LS Slim Portable and the disk is for windows. Is there one for Apple?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Is there a download for the LG to make the portable drive work with my Macbook Air?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure, I'll look for the original box and see if there is another disk while I wait.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue there. Most USB portable / external hard drives (except maybe Apple drives) do not have discs for Apple Mac computers, but you do not need any disk for setting up any drive on your Mac computer.

When you plug the LG portable hard drive to your Mac laptop, what happens? Does the Mac laptop detect the drive or not?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Can you please try the following:

- Plug the LG portable drive to the computer (make sure there is power to the portable drive; if needed, turn on power button, if any, and/or plug in power adapter, if any.)

, then open Finder, then open Applications, then open folder Utilities, then open Disk Utility app

, then select your portable drive device on the left, then click on Erase tab at the top

, then for Format type, select the option Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

, then enter the Name of your drive, anything you want, such as LG drive or John drive, etc.

, then click on Erase at the bottom, then click on Erase to confirm

- Then from now on, whenever you plug in the LG portable drive, it should show up on the Desktop screen, and/or on the left in Finder

, then you can transfer any folder / file between the computer and the portable drive.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

If you still need help with this issue or with anything else, type at the box below, then click on the Reply button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,