Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My na
, my iMac is not booting and all ready try

Customer Question

Customer: hi my na
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: hi my name is ***** ***** iMac is not booting and all ready try turning it on and hold the option key and it wont boot also try holding the command and R keys
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: i can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Restart the computer and immediately hold the Shift key until you see the Apple Logo. This is called Safe Boot and it will attempt repairs. If you get to the login screen put in your user/pass then when it boots up, restart the normal way. Let me know what happens after.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it doesn't work at all
the computer will shut down by it self after the apple logo shout at the beginning
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

1. Shut down the computer.
2. Unplug the computer's power cord.
3. Wait fifteen seconds.
4. Attach the computer's power cord.
5. Wait five seconds, then press the power button to turn on the computer.
6. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
7. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts again at least twice.
8. Release the keys.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing
my keyboard light is blinking do you think my keyboard is not working
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Is it wireless?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Try replacing the batteries.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all ready did that
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK if your computer shuts down right after the Apple Logo and we have reset the SMC I'm afraid you have a more serious hardware failure that we cannot diagnose here. You will have to take it to Apple or another service provider/ Sorry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Please remember that the experts here cannot fix failed hardware. We guarantee a correct ANSWER, even if that answer determines the product needs to be physically repaired. No one likes to hear they need to spend more money to fix the problem but at least you now know what needs to be done and you can make an informed decision. Thanks.