Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

Something has happened to my I-pad where a pop up message

Customer Question

Something has happened to my I-pad where a pop up message comes up and I cannot access anything in my i-pad that requires the internet. The statement that comes up begins, "Your apple device has been locked, due to security reasons. You are advised to call the number the helpline number **********" It continues, "please do not use your device it may lead to stealing of date, contacts, and personal information.:
I use my i-pad much of the day for different tasks. Can you help me get rid ot that message so I can access the internet from machine.
Thank you. Todd ********
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please open the Settings app icon on the iPad, then tap on the option Safari on the left (scroll down on the left as needed)

, then tap on the option Clear website data / history on the right (scroll down as needed)

, and confirm clear, and then open Safari app and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

If you still need help with this issue or with anything else, please type at the box below, then click on the Reply button below, so I can help further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,