Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have an iomega external drive, model 31882100 that shows

Customer Question

i have an iomega external drive, model 31882100 that shows power is on to it, but will not appear on my Mac. Does my computer need a driver to access it.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question

No, you don't need any drivers or software. These are plug and play devices. Are you sure the drive is working ? Connect the hard drive to your computer with the USB cable (connect it to different USB port this time).

Then go to Applications > Utilities folder and open Disk Utility. Do you see the hard drive in Disk Utility ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I was pretty sure that was the case, i.e. plug and play. The drive doesn't show in Disk Utility or anywhere. I'm pretty sure its shot. I've tried several usb ports and different cables too. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry, that means the drive has failed. Did you test it on different computer ? This will tell us if there is any issue with your Mac

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've done all those things. Don't need any more assistance.
Don't want any of the offers or free trials.
Thanks
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry John. It is is the site that is sending offers not me. You can ignore them. If you have any questions, please let me know.

If you are satisfied with the service I provided, please rate me as 3 stars or high and click Submit. So the question will be closed.

Have a great day,