Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I need to export my iPhoto library to Lightroom 6 without

Customer Question

Customer: I need to export my iPhoto library to Lightroom 6 without losing my editing. I am told that direct transfer will result in the loss of my editing upgrades. Further, I am told that an intermediate transfer to Photoshop Elements v10 or earlier will allow my editing to stay intact + also permit exporting on to Lightroom 6. So far I haven't been able to find a version of Photoshop Element that is compatible with my iMac OS X v10.10.5.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: For example, Photoshop Elements 12 is compatible with Mac OS X v10.7 - 10.8. so it won't work.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, I can wait a bit.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

Elements 13 works fine but there is also a version 14.

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

In PSE Organizer do one of the following:

Import > From iPhoto.
Select File > Get Photos And Videos > From iPhoto.
Click Import.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think I have a fix so please stop working on it. I'll contact you if I need more help.
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

I gave you a fix, ok let me know.