Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a Mac book Pro 2010. I recently installed El Capitan

Customer Question

Customer: I have a Mac book Pro 2010. I recently installed El Capitan about 2 weeks ago. I have word installed and have since I had it. I am simply trying to save a document but I get the constant rainbow wheel. After about 3 minutes it stops and as soon as I try to save the document again it repeats. I have tried re-bboting and also force quitting word. I get the document on auto recover but round we go again. Suggestions?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: thats about it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com,my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Office 2011 and 2016 isnt fully compatible with El capitan. It can be made to work, but it sometimes can be quite the process.

For that reason, I am sending you and offer for remote support where I can connect to your mac from here and work on resolving the issue in person. This is optional.

If you would prefer to work through this by written support only, let me know~

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.