Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My macbook pro run yosemite cannot start, i push the power

Customer Question

My macbook pro run yosemite cannot start, i push the power button and the apple logo appeared and it only boot halfway then shut down it self. This happened after i pressed the power button until my mac shut down due to freeze.
Can you help me out?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

We definitely need to carry out a few repairs. To get a baseline of just how damaged the mac is.. I want you to try two simple steps.

First~

Shut down your Mac.
Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Option, Command (⌘), P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
Turn on your Mac.
Immediately press and hold the Option-Command-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.

Continue holding the keys down until your Mac restarts, and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
Release the keys.

Once thats done, see if the mac will start.. If it will, we will still need to do some more repairs so please send a reply.

If it wont start, then try this next. With the mac completely shut down.

Press power, then immediately press and hold the shift key on the left side of your keyboard. Keep holding it down until you hear the startup chime.

Then, you can release it.

Will it boot this way?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.