Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I can buy music on iTunes but I can't buy applications. I

Customer Question

I can buy music on iTunes but I can't buy applications. I believe I had a falling out with Apple over a purchase that did not identify itself on my bank records. That may have put a hold on Apple purchases. The purchase did finally identify itself and I did make the purchase. Can't we let the past be the past and continue to make purchases from applications and iTunes?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You are correct on this. If Apple has noticed any issues with your card or payment information like report of fraudulent charges, refunds, incorrect billing address etc they will disable the App Store part of your Apple ID. You will still be able to sign in to your Apple ID, change payment details, password ***** but you will not be able to purchase or download or update your apps. Because they limit the App store part of the ID. Sometimes this will clear automatically. Sometimes, it requires an reset from Apple side.

So if it happens again, all you have to do is call iTunes support directly and ask them to reactivate the account. Only they can access the database and enable the account for you.

To contact iTunes Support, goto this link --> https://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

Click Contact Support at the bottom, click Contact iTunes Store Support at right.

Click Account Management. Click Apple ID has been disabled alert (select this one)

Click Schedule a Call and they will call you. Then you will have to answer some security questions and they will enable the account after verifying with in a few minutes.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.