Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

None of My i phone nor i pad contacts were showing up in i

Customer Question

Customer: None of My i phone nor i pad contacts were showing up in i cloud. So I was trying to follow a tutorial and was just trying to sync contacts from my i phone to i cloud and realized prior to syncing that lots of my i phone contacts are missing. So I looked on my iPad all of my contacts are listed there, First How do I transfer my i pad contacts to my i phone contacts list? Then how to i get my contacts to appear in i cloud? Thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have an I phone 6s and older i pad. Ea
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Don't want to give credit card info unless secure or can I charge it to apple account?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Turn on iCloud on both your iPad and iPhone and go into settings and turned on contacts for both and they automatically sync as long as they are both using the same Apple Account.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you