Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I ma ready to buy one of your products and have a question.

Customer Question

Hello. I ma ready to buy one of your products and have a question.
Does your Budget Planner Premium, which has three licenses, allow me and my wife to exchange (via e-mail of saved scenarios, I imagine?) versions and updates of our budget between one another, even if I am using Windows and she is using macintosh?
If so, how would this occur? E-mail save on disk, etc?
Thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to answer your questions.

To get started, can you tell me the exact website / company who makes the Budget Planner Premium software you are looking at.

As there are many variations of that software out there, made by several different companies.

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I started at Quicken.com and was routed to simpleplanning.net, then from them you just answers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

If its this budget planner you are referring to, sold by simple planning.net

http://www.simpleplanning.net/Financial%20Calculators/BudgetPlanner.html

Then this is a planner thats basically an excel worksheet. So it would work on mac or pc, as long as excel is installed.

You could even use it with a smartphone, as long as you have the excel app installed.

Now, getting more to the meat of your question. Could, and how would you go about sharing a budget worksheet back and forth between you and your wife.

Saving the file and emailing it would work.. Since its just an excel file. And that should be easy to do and hassle free.

The down side to that method of using email, would be that any changes you make or she makes would only be present in that persons copy of the budget, until they emailed it and sent it to the other person. Changes would only be as current as the last time you saved it and emailed it to the other.

There should be a real easy way to keep the changes real time. If you use dropbox, or microsoft one drive, or even google drive.

( I know one drive and google drive are free to use )

If you use one of those online services and you keep- a master copy of your budget online that only you and your wife can access. Then, when you make changes to the file then those changes should immediately be reflected when your wife accesses it.. And vice versa.

Dropbox was made for collaborating in just the way your discussing. Sharing documents so two people can make edits and always work on the same file.

The only real issue is if you both tried to make changes at the exact same time.. In that case youd get a duplicate conflicted file, as described here.

https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/36

If you have any further questions let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I see you have requested a phone call.. But I havent heard from you in over a week and you never rated my original suggestion and service provided.

before I agree to the phone call, can you advise as to what it is you want to discuss?

Thank you,

Dustin S.