Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I was trying to install the Mac OS X Yosemite and it kept

Customer Question

Hi Tom, I was trying to install the Mac OS X Yosemite and it kept saying error. Problem opening the essentials package and to quit and restart. I did that twice and the same thing came up. So I quit this time and clicked choose startup disk instead of restart bc I decided to try again later. But now in the bubble it says select system you want to use to start up computer and there is nothing there.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go. When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) select the First Aid tab if it is not already selected, then click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Disk Permissions. If it is not ok let me know.