Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a dropbox account and the app on my IPad. The Ipad

Customer Question

I have a dropbox account and the app on my IPad. The Ipad will open the account but will not open all of the pictures in the file.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First we can reset your iPad and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo or for 10 seconds. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.

Check Dropbox. If that didn't work, then we can delete Dropbox and redownload it from App Store. Tap and hold down the Dropbox app and it will start wiggling. Tap the x icon on it and it will be deleted. Then open App Store, search Dropbox and install it. After installing, sign in to your Dropbox account and see if you are able to open the pictures now.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

If you are unable to open pictures directly in Dropbox app, then I want you to download Dropbox Carousel. This app is from Dropbox and it is mainly designed by Dropbox for pictures stored on Dropbox. Open App Store, search Carousel. From the results install Carousel. Open Carousel and sign in to your Dropbox account. You will be able to view all your pictures in it. Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The Dropbox app opens the account and opens the different files in the account but it will only open 25-50 pictures. I can open the same Dropbox account on my laptop and it opens all of the pictures so I don't believe that it is Dropbox.
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Did you follow my instructions ? Can you delete Dropbox app and install it again ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How do I delete the app from the Ipad? Or do I install the Carousel?
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Please do this. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo or for 10 seconds. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. This will refresh the iOS.

Then delete Dropbox and redownload it from App Store. In home screen, tap and hold down the Dropbox app for a few seconds and it will start wiggling. Tap the x icon on it and it will be deleted. Then open App Store, search Dropbox and install it. This will reinstall a fresh Dropbox. You will not lose anything from Dropbox.

Re Carousel, it is standalone app designed by Dropbox for viewing Photos and Videos in Dropbox. Install it as well from App Store.

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

If you have so many photos and videos stored on Dropbox, then you should install Carousel. Because it is specifically designed for that purpose.

You can keep both Dropbox and Carousal on your iPad and can use both at same time.