Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Why won't my music files from my PC move to my iPhone? I've

Customer Question

why won't my music files from my PC move to my iPhone? I've watched 10 youtube videos on how to move the files. I downloaded iTunes to my PC, my iPhone is plugged in via USB to computer, the only files that would move were the ones loaded on my HP PC. I know I'm missing something.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just tried to move another song and got this message on iTunes.
"01Call me the breeze.wma" was not copied to the iPhone "Ross's iPhone "because it cannot be played on this phone.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

On your iPhone, go to Settings > Music and sign out of home sharing if you are signed on to it. Then open Music app, tap the profile icon at the top left and if you see your account signed in there, then Sign Out.

Then open iTunes on your computer. Click on the Music icon at top left. Click iTunes Store. In iTunes Store, click on Purchase on the right. This will bring Purchase history screen. Click on "Not in My Library" tab and download all. This will download all musics to your iTunes.

Now click on your iPhone icon at the top left. Select Musics tab. If "Sync Musics" is enabled, then disable it and click Apply. Then enable it back and click Apply or Sync again.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ashik-
Can you send me screen shots of the actions? I went into the iphone and made sure I was signed out. Then opened iTunes on my PC and clicked on PURCHASE on the right and it asked me to login. I don't remember the Apple ID ( but I have the password) so I clicked " forgot" but it didn't take me anywhere.If downloading music easier on an iPod vs an iPhone by chance?Thanks,
Durinda
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi Durinda, Screenshot of which part ? iPhone part or iTunes of PC part ?

Apple ID would be your email address.You can find it from this website --> https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#!&section=appleid

Downloading to both are same. There is a chance the musics are on cloud and that is why they are not syncing. Downloading from purchases will download an offline copies of those muiscs which can be synced to iPhone.

This part is very important:

In iTunes, click on your iPhone icon at the top left. Select Musics tab. If "Sync Musics" is enabled, then disable it and click Apply. Then enable it back and click Apply or Sync again.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Let me know how it goes