Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Sandee I am trying to do mail merge from excel to word and

Customer Question

Customer: Sandee I am trying to do mail merge from excel to word and it is telling game I need a text converter Im using a Mac
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have an address file in excel. I need to make labels in word for it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: thats fine
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

Save as .cvs file in Excel and try to merge that file

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can make this happen on a windows computer but NOT a MAC. It is NOT transferring over for some reason. RRR
I have an excel sheet save as cvs.
It has a first name, last name, address, city and state with the zip code. It is A1 through F1 and I have 210 names.
I am having an issue getting this transferred to labels 5960 Avery
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

In that case why not just use the Avery software: http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Templates-%26-Software/Software/Avery-Design--Print-Online.htm?int_id=homepage-adpo

Scroll down and click on Start Now on the left to download

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for your help although, it isn't working neither. I should have known better not to pay for something that seemed so easy.
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

What do you mean?

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

Do you want to send me the file? You installed the Avery Design software and it isn't working? Please clarify. What did you pay for?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's ok I am done with this! I will hire someone in town to fix this problem tomorrow. I am not paying extra $25 when I just paid $36 to just ask a question. thanks anyways
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

That was just an offer what is the problem with the Avery software?

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

You can get someone in town for less than that? OK but can you send me the file so I can look at it? You don't have to accept that offer.

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

I just loaded the software here and it works fine I can merge your data if you like.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it is attached
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

OK 5960 right just plain labels? What was the problem with the software?

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

You don't have headers so how can you expect it to import?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
5960
yes
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

What was the problem with the software? Your file has no headers.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have never used Avery and I tried it, wasn't any help
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

I never used it either but you have to spend more than 2 seconds trying, you came back right away and said it "isn't working". You didn't have any headers in the file?? I put them in. There are 7 pages I can send you a PDF is that ok?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That's fine, it wasn't 2 seconds, I came back to you. PDF is fine thanks
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

Number 203 the name is missing*****

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

Should I just leave it blank?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

Here you go. I can show you how it works later if you like but I would need to connect for the extra fee. Worth it to never have to ask again. Thanks.

If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Please remember we only get a portion of the original amount you pay no matter how long it takes, so bonuses are GREATLY appreciated. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. Thanks!!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you very much for your help
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

Do you want me to show you how the software works... it is very simple and will only take a few minutes? If not and if you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid.

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

Did those labels print ok for you?