Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Hubert, I need to save my AOL sent folder to a flash drive.

Customer Question

Customer: Hubert, I need to save my AOL sent folder to a flash drive.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: all the emails in my sent folder for my AOL email I need to save onto a flash drive
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I dont have a mac, old windows pc.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
my apologies disregard the request and do not charge to my spouses AM Express card. Please send an email to confirm. Thank you.
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

If you still need help, let me know. If, you only want a refund. the link below will assist you.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do want help, thought it would take too long. Thank you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will you help please? I need to leave very shortly to catch a plane. I'm on an old windows PC, no mac, I need to save my Sent AOL email folder to a flash drive. Thank you.
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

First, let me give a bit of advice and detail about SSD's. SSD's allow data to be accessed faster then a normal Hard drive.

If you want to see the best results, my suggestion is to install programs on the SSD.. and also your main operating system. That way the mac, and any programs it runs will open and run a little faster. Use your normal HDD to store videos, documents, data, etc.

As far as why the Photoshop program wouldnt work when you put it on the SSD. Did you do a fresh install of photoshop to the SSD? Using a download or a cd? Or did you just copy the files over?

As far as how to see the space your hard drive is using up. There are paid programs that can give you more information, and allow you to easily delete and remove files or clear space. But the simplest way to see a general view of whats on the hard drive is built into the mac already.

Heres how to view it.

http://osxdaily.com/2014/01/11/see-mac-disk-usage-storage-summary-os-x/

Im sure you may have a few more question and need further assistance. Please dont hesitate to respond when youve had a chance to read over and try out what I suggested.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please reread the inquiry. I do not have a MAC. I was hoping you could help me with this.
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

My apologies. A message meant for you got mixed up with a reply I had typed to someone else. Please allow me a moment to retype it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

Now that Ive reread all your messages.. If you are low on time the quickest way I can help you is if we connect via a screen sharing session, so I can help you move the folder directly.

This will cut down on the question and information gathering process needed to get to the solution.

To start that session, click the link below from the target computer, download , install, allow and run the elsinore screen connect file.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=9869ba28-1ecd-4619-9d28-88bdb8163a8e

If you encounter any issues connecting,let me know~

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've run the program several times & it's not working. I have an older PC
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have to leave now. I'm unable to download. I will request a refund. Thank you.
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

Hi, were connected currently and have been for about half an hour.

Were using thunderbird, a free email client program. To download a physical copy of your messages.

Please dont feel you need to respond to this message here, as we are speaking via the instant messenger thats a part of the remote session.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are we done???
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

My apologies for the delay.. we seem to be having sever connection issues.

The last step i was trying to finish was copying the Thunderbird profile onto your flash drive.. last I saw, it needed the Thunderbird program to be closed in order to finish

can you close Thunderbird, and allow the copy operation to finish.. then you should be good to go.. you'll have a full backup of all your mail on that flash drive

Dustin S.